The MMS Committee on Violence Intervention and Prevention and Massachusetts General Hospital’s Human Trafficking Initiative have published Human Trafficking:
Guidebook on Identification, Assessment, and Response in the Health Care Setting.
The guidebook is designed to provide basic information about human trafficking and its health effects, and to offer guidance regarding efficient and trauma-sensitive techniques for identification, assessment and response. The guidebook also includes local, statewide and national resources both for patient referral and for ongoing education.
Sections of Human Trafficking include:
- Overview and Dynamics
- Health Effects of Human Trafficking
- Assessment and Evaluation of At-Risk Individuals
- Meeting the Needs of Trafficked Individuals
- Reporting to and Communicating with Law Enforcement and Child Protection Authorities
- Legal and Immigration Issues
- Working Collaboratively
- Self-Care, Leadership Opportunities, Prevention, and Resources for Life-Long Learning for Health Care Providers