Charles River District Medical Society Officers 2016-2017
President: Mawya Shocair, M.D.
Vice President: Laura McCann, M.D.
Secretary: Sally A. Sveda, M.D.
Treasurer: Amanda Freeman, M.D.
Mailing Address: 860 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451-1414
Telephone Numbers: 781-434-7211, 800-944-5562
Contact: Linda Howard, Manager
CRDMS Scholarship Program Criteria
The Charles River District Medical Society Program is available to any medical school student enrolled at an approved US institution who is a legal resident of one of the five towns comprising the district: Needham, Newton, Waltham, Wellesley, and Weston. Applications must be received before December 31st of the
sophomore or junior year. If the scholarship is awarded in the sophomore year it may be renewable for the junior year upon reapplication and at the discretion of the Committee on Medical Education. The scholarship is awarded at the Charles River District
Annual Meeting in April.
- A Curriculum vitae which must include: legal address, high school and date of graduation; medical school and expected date of graduation.
- A letter which includes a statement of personal goal.
- A copy of the Graduate and Professional School Financial Aid Service Form or a financial aid form of equivalent informational value (not the summary page). Financial information is expected to be comprehensive (this should include parents' resources).
- A letter from the financial aid officer of the medical school with detailed verification of financial need.
- A statement of academic standing from the medical school.
- A letter of recommendation from a district society member or a faculty member.
ONLY APPLICATIONS WHICH MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS ARE
Mail completed applications to:
Massachusetts Medical Society
Northeast Regional Office
860 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451-1411
Charles River District News
The Charles River District hosted a family event at the Boston Red Sox on Sunday, August 28, 2016. As part of the Red Sox “Leader of the Pack” promotion, Mawya Shocair, M.D., President was recognized behind home plate prior to the game. The district also qualified for a scoreboard message which was displayed at the end of the 6th inning on the New Balance jumbo-tron.
Charles River District presented the Weston Council on Aging with a $3000 on May 17, 2016. The donation will be used to help out with their transportation program. Pictured from left to right are: Mawya Shocair, M.D., President, Charles River District, Eileen Bogle, Executive Director, Leila Hewitt, Volunteer Coordinator
(pictured left to right) Mawya Shocair, M.D, President, Silas Wong, 2015 George Katsas Scholarship recipient and Ruth Liberfarb, M.D., chair Charles River Scholarship Committee
(pictured left to right) Heidi Fischer, M.D. (2016 Community Clinician), Mawya Shocair, M.D., President, Jeannie Marcus, M.D. and Laura McCann, M.D., Vice President
Heidi Fischer, M.D. is Honored by Charles River District Medical Society as 2016 Community Clinician of the Year
Read the news release