Essex South District Medical Society Officers 2016-2017
President: Sanjay Aurora, M.D.
President-elect: Ronald Newman, M.D.
Treasurer: Michael Goldstein, M.D.
Secretary: Michael Medlock, M.D.
Mailing Address: 860 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451-1411
Telephone Number: 781-434-7211 or 800-944-5562
District Event/Activity Contact: Michele Jussaume, Director
Regional Office Assistant: Susan Frazier
ESDMS Medical Student Scholarship Program
To assist in funding the medical education of a student from an Essex South city or town.
- Residency in an Essex South community for at least 5 years prior to college, with a desire to return and practice in this area. These communities are: Beverly, Danvers, Essex, Gloucester, Hamilton, Ipswich, Lynn, Lynnfield, Manchester, Marblehead, Middleton, Nahant, Peabody, Rockport, Salem, Saugus,
Swampscott, Topsfield and Wenham, Massachusetts.
- Current curriculum vitae, which includes the permanent address, high school with date of graduation, and medical school with expected date of graduation.
- A statement of academic standing from the medical school.
- A letter of recommendation from a district society member, if possible.
- A letter that includes a statement of personal goals.
Scholarships will be awarded at the Annual Meeting of the Essex South District Medical Society (usually in April).
By January 1 of the academic year
Mail Requirements to:
Essex South District Medical Society
860 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451-1411.
Herbert L. Cooper, M.D. – 2016 Essex South District Lifetime Achievement Awardee.
Peter M. Barker, M.D. – 2016 Essex South District Community Clinician of the Year Awardee.
Manchester resident Suzanne F. Graves, M.D. has been honored by her physician peers of the Essex South District Medical Society as the district’s 2017 Community Clinician of the Year.
Read the news release
Elizabeth Burgess (Wake Forest School of Medicine) received the ES Scholarships for 2016.
Nadia Aurora (Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine) received the ES Scholarships for 2016.
Peter Barker, M.D. is honored by Essex South District Medical Society as 2016 Community Clinician of the Year
Read the news release