Essex South District Medical Society Officers 2016-2017
President: Sanjay Aurora, M.D.
President-elect: Ronald Newman, M.D.
Treasurer: Michael Goldstein, M.D.
Secretary: Michael Medlock, M.D.
Mailing Address: 860 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451-1411
Telephone Number: 781-434-7211 or 800-944-5562
District Event/Activity Contact: Michele Jussaume, Director
Regional Office Assistant: Susan Frazier
ESDMS Medical Student Scholarship Program
To assist in funding the medical education of a student from an Essex South city or town.
- Residency in an Essex South community for at least 5 years prior to college, with a desire to return and practice in this area. These communities are: Beverly, Danvers, Essex, Gloucester, Hamilton, Ipswich, Lynn, Lynnfield, Manchester, Marblehead, Middleton, Nahant, Peabody, Rockport, Salem, Saugus,
Swampscott, Topsfield and Wenham, Massachusetts.
- Current curriculum vitae, which includes the permanent address, high school with date of graduation, and medical school with expected date of graduation.
- A statement of academic standing from the medical school.
- A letter of recommendation from a district society member, if possible.
- A letter that includes a statement of personal goals.
Scholarships will be awarded at the Annual Meeting of the Essex South District Medical Society (usually in April).
By January 1 of the academic year
Mail Requirements to:
Essex South District Medical Society
860 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451-1411.
Two local women, Elizabeth J. Burgess of Danvers and Emily A. Mann of Middleton, have been selected as the 2017 winners of the Essex South District Medical Society’s Medical Student Scholarships, presented by area physicians to local residents attending medical school. Each will receive $5,000 toward their medical
Read the news release
James T. Higgins, MD accepting the Essex South District 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award from Sanjay Aurora, MD, M.P.H. President, Essex South District.
Emily Mann accepting one of the Essex South District 2017 Scholarship Awards from Sanjay Aurora, MD, MPH District President.
Manchester resident Suzanne F. Graves, M.D. has been honored by her physician peers of the Essex South District Medical Society as the district’s 2017 Community Clinician of the Year.
Read the news release